Thursday 21 March 2013

My First Art Journal

Good Morning all, 

Last week i bought myself a Sketch book or Art journal. 
I wanted to do it for a long time but i just never got to it.....and it is just another thing to add to the collection.

Inspired by "Born to crop and not to Mop"  i decided to make my first art journal page. 
From what i have seen on the internet you don't have to be neat you just need to express yourself as it is your journal. I am in the learning process.

And guess what i got myself a GD spot for next month!! Woot woot!

So here is the page:


I am normally quit neat on any of my projects and i am very picky.
 I can sit hours for one layout and change it again or start completely over.
So this is a change for me and i am learning........
The scrapbook page was one of those pages that i chucked in my left over box. 
It's a good way to get rid of all that paper in the left over box and from what i have learned already, GESSO is the magic word. You don't like something just put some gesso on it and it will disappear. 

 

As i was on a roll............i decided to make my 2nd page......well that took a few days. 
I was reading Lizzy Hills blog and she just finished an art journal page and she entered it in the SODALICIOUS art journal challenge.  So off i went .... it took me three takes because the challenge word it Trapped. Eventually i came up with this page and my entry for the challenge



"Trapped"in the circle(s) of life. 
I think we all have that once in a while, sometimes you just need to take a moment and enjoy the moment and what we have and who we have around us. 

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.

Thanks for stopping by,
I wish you all a great day!!
Channa





5 comments:

  1. Channa these are just stunning. So love the vibrant colours.
    {I would love you to take part in my 500 Follower Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered.} Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faba-faba-fabulous....you must be ticked pink [pleased] with yourself as these are STUNNING...what a debut. You leave me for dead - but that's OK:):):) LOVE the blue page & LOVE how your photo in the trapped one seems to morph outta the page...sooo clever:):):) Go you!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a great start to your art journal! I think it's a really enjoyable form of self-expression, and I'm glad you're enjoying it so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pages Channa...love what you have done here! Really super! Congrats on the GD spot too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all for passing by and leaving some love.